Dubai Entry Visa
TOURIST VISA Abu Dhabi Dubai Sharjah UAE
Tourist Visas are available to all nationalities, except Israeli passport holders, and must be prearranged, usually through a hotel but possibly also through an airline or other travel related company (new visa rules after July 2008). Hotels, travel agents, airlines and other companies will usually only arrange a Tourist Visa for a customer. Citizens of one of the free visa on arrival countries can obtain a UAE Visit Visa (different from a Tourist Visa) on arrival at any border entry point to the UAE simply by presenting their passport at passport control. To obtain a tourist visa for Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, our best understanding is you should do one of the following:
- If you are from one of the countries that can get a visit visa on arrival, do that.
- Otherwise contact the airline, hotel, or travel agent that you arranged your trip with and ask them to arrange a Tourist Visa. Fees will vary from one company to the next so check with more than one if you have a choice of options. Only travel agents and hotels based in the UAE can arrange a tourist visa.
- If you have a close relative in the UAE, they may be able to sponsor you for a Visit Visa (not a Tourist Visa).
Information about the 14 day tourist visa (appears to be no longer available anyway) is included on the transit visa page since it is more often referred to as a transit visa.
VisasDubai.com (managed by SouthTravels.com) can assist you obtain a tourist visa with the requirements of scanned passport, photos except Females less than 24 years of age with the lenght of stay of 30 days.
- Tourist Visa applications take 1-2 weeks for normal processing once all the correct forms have been submitted, and 2-3 days for urgent applications.
- Tourist Visa serial number is 12, entry code is 43 according to DNRD fees table
- Tourist Visa is renewable once for 30 days, for more information please contact us
- Sources that offer or have information that say Tourist Visas are not renewable, are probably out of date since the UAE visa rules changed after July 2008 to allow almost all nationalities the possibility of obtaining a 30 day Tourist Visa that is renewable once.
- Not clear from Air Arabia website if AA sponsor Sharjah Tourist Visa, or assist with visitors obtaining a Sharjah Visit Visa (if the latter then visitor needs a relative in the UAE to sponsor them as per usual Visit Visa sponsorship requirements).
1. Documents needed if visa is sponsored by a UAE resident (this information might not apply to tourist visas or visit visas after July 2008)
- Visa application form
- Copy of sponsors passport with copy of residence visa
- Copy of sponsors labour contract in Arabic with monthly salary figure
- Copy of trade licence if sponsor is self-employed
- Copy of traveler's ticket
- Refundable deposit of AED 1000 for each person being sponsored
- Air Arabia
- Emirates Airlines
- Etihad Airways
- Turkish Airlines - apply in person at Turkish Airlines offices in Turkey with passport at least 5 days before travelling. Might apply to Turkish residents only (14 December press release).
- The UAE is proposing that agents based overseas could process visitor entry permits for foreigners visiting the UAE, under the supervision of UAE embassies and consulates in foreign countries. This would make it easier for visitors to get visas processed - at present (as of March 2010), relevant documents need to be sent to the sponsor based in the UAE (hotel, airline, business etc), and the sponsor then needs to go to the relevant office in the UAE to get the visa processed.
- According to a Khaleej Times report 20 March 2010, the Higher Permanent Committee for Finance and Assets of the UAE Interior Ministry "has recommended the UAE visa procurement process be outsourced to specialised companies in countries from which tourists or visitors seek to come. The committee has proposed external offices run by firms specialising in visas be set up under the approval and supervision of UAE embassies, according to an Interior Ministry Security Media statement."
- No time frame given for when this new procedure would be implemented.
Airlines providing tourist visas to the UAE
Some airlines with flights to the UAE will provide tourist visas to passengers flying with them. Contact airline at least a couple of weeks in advance to arrange a visa.
UAE tourist visa agencies overseas
Please Note: Visa rules, requirements, prices or any figures mentioned in this website can and do change suddenly, and without a warning. Information here may not be complete or accurate. We recommend to check always the UAE embassy in your country or the relevant authority in the UAE.